HepcoMotion SBD – Sealed Belt Driven Actuator
Chat with us to learn more about this product.
The SBD sealed belt driven unit incorporates a high strength steel reinforced tooth belt, with zero backlash and driving forces to 3300N. Hepco LBG precision caged linear ball guides provide dynamic load capacities to 52,100N. The unit is housed in a high strength aluminum beam and is completely enclosed with a very effective stainless steel band running along the length of the beam and kept in contact by a magnetic strip. This cover provides exceptional protection of the internal mechanism from dirt debris.
Sealed Belt driven units, offered in standard and clean room configurations, come in three basic sizes, plus the addition of a New "High Stiffness" version SBD30-100XL, providing a higher level of performance in terms of load capacity and life than other comparable sized systems.
- Three sizes, compact in construction SBD15-60, SBD20-80 and SBD30-100. (60, 80 and 100 relate to the width of the beam in mm).
- Units are supplied in increments of 60mm (SBD20-80 and SBD15-60) and 80mm (SBD30-100) up to 6 meters long. Longer systems can be achieved by joining.
- Shaft with fitted key; right, left, double and hollow shaft options
- Limit switch and bracket options include mechanical and inductive versions
- Internal buffers for end of stroke protection at each end
- Speeds up to 4m/s
- Pre-adjusted and pre-lubricated to offer practically maintenance-free operation
- An access hole in the beam, closed off with a threaded plug, provides easy access for re-lubrication of the ball guide
A wide range of gearboxes, motors, motor connection kits, and drives are available. Other options and accessories include multi-axis mounting kits and tubular flanges.
SBD is compatible with the MCS line of aluminum framing.
Clean Room Version
- The clean room version of the SBD adds a vacuum connection, minimizing particle emissions. All external parts are anodized aluminum or stainless steel. The shaft is stainless steel, as is the threaded plug at the access hole in the beam.
- SBD Clean room versions are certified by the Fraunhofer IPA Institute for use in clean room environments and meets air cleanliness class 3 according to ISO 14644-1.
- Clean room version of the SBD is only available for sizes SBD20-80, SBD30-100, and SBD30-100XL.
- The SBD30-100XL unit has been designed for applications which require a stiffer beam than the standard SBD30-100 unit.
- The New "High Stiffness" version is beneficial in systems with high loads and wide spans.
- Stiffness of the SBD30-100XL is 104% higher than the standard version in the L1 condition.
ALUMINUM PROFILE CUTTING
Accurately Control Cutting Aluminum with a Rapid Throughput
Producing high quantities of aluminum profile cut to length requires an automated stop that would need to be accurately positioned at speed in order to ensure conformity of profile length. In this application the machine builder needed to control the profile lengths to within an accuracy of +/- 0.2mm on lengths up to 3m.
INDUSTRY: Aluminum Cutting
PRODUCT USED: HepcoMotion SBD
Automated Storage and Retrieval System
Example on using the range of our products for a tool storage and retrieval system.
Pick & Place System Utilises Hepco Linear Actuators
Automating the manual process for the assembly of its push fit connectors.